Friday, October 9, 2009

tgif

So far, I love today. I am off work today and after an unexpected wake up call. . . I picked up my fav coffee drink and have sit curled up on the couch checking my favorite blogs and watching President Obama accept his Nobel Peace Prize. Now I am going to get dressed and go check out some garage sales . . . hoping I find a great dresser to make over. I hope you all do some of your favorite things today.


Last night I made this for dinner:



It might not look yummy, but it has great flavor. The recipe is from Real Simple Magazine. Here it is:

gingery pork and cucumber pitas

1/4 c rice vinegar
2 t sugar
kosher salt
2 cucumbers thinly sliced (if this is just for the 2 of us, i only use 1 cucumber)
1 jalepeno thinly sliced
olive oil
1 lb ground pork
1/4 c hoisin sauce
1 T grated ginger
4 pitas, halved

  • In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add the cucumbers and jalapeno and let sit.
  • Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Cook the pork, break up with a spoon until no longer pink, 5-6 min. Stir in the hosin, ginger, and 2 T water.
  • Fill the pita halves with the pork and cucumber salad.

1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy!
    And that day sounds great - coffee, blogs and garage sales :)

    ReplyDelete